Chemunique (Pty) Ltd (Current employer)
Cost Accountant at Chemunique (Pty) Ltd
Details of work performed:
- Costing of imported products including custom duty, transportation, clearing and storage
- Full Bookkeeping function of Neuro Logistics Company (Pty) Ltd – Chemunique’s Enterprise development company
- VAT 201 Calculation & Submission
- PAYE calculation & Submission
- Transportation cost analysis
- BEE preparation and compliance
- Rotation to different departments:
Shipping Department – (2 months)
- Placing overseas orders
- Arranging shipments and clearing at customs
- Tracking shipments until arrival at the Ports
- Receipting orders into stock (GRN)
Ordering Department- (2 months)
- Receiving orders from customers
- Arranging picking slips for warehouses to pick the correct products
- Organise transport company to deliver the orders to customers
- Request Pod ‘s from transport companies once delivery is completed
Debtor’s Department- (1 month)
- Debtor’s and creditor’s reconciliation
- Allocation of payments
- Send out prices, invoices and statements to customers
Articles with PortBridge Capital – 2 years
- Management Accounts preparations
- Preparation of Financial Statements
- Working capital analysis
At: Sasol Ltd:
Senior Accountant at Sasol Ltd
Fixed Asset & capital project accounting/reporting
Details of work performed:
- Ensures compliance to company fixed asset and capital project accounting policy and accounting standards
- Ensures proper capital expenditure evaluation, control and reporting in BU.
- Prepares data in RCP (Rolling Capital Plan) in line with Group capital project guidelines and requirements.
- Ensures the integrity of the GL asset/capital project accounts and the structure of the ledger
- Asset/Capital project impairment reviews, calculations and accounting implications effectively managed.
- Input to BU – GEC budget conference with regards to assets, capital & projects
- Captures all new assets in the fixed asset, tax and regulatory registers
- Accounts for the movement of fixed asset including transfers and disposals of assets
- Co-ordinates the physical asset verification of all company assets in terms of BU policy
- Runs system to calculate depreciation of assets.
- Liaises with Group Tax on tax treatment of assets.
- Establishes tracks and closes capital projects.
- Prepares fixed assets records and processes the relevant journal entries.
- Liaison with project managers
- Preparation of Capital commitments – half year end & year end
- Prepare inter-branch transfer of projects- half year end & year end
Month end, Forecasts and Budgets
- Manage and prepare month end reporting in SAP
- Assist with compilation of the budget balance sheet on fixed assets and information captured on FST.
- Provides relevant and accurate capital related forecasting and budget information.
- Provide financial information for reporting to the Board and Governance Committee, if applicable, and for Business Unit reporting.
- Ensure that fixed assets reconciliations and GL reconciliations are performed and correctly accounted for
- Prepares journals for posting/authorisation in ledger
- Reconciles fixed asset register to general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Implement and perform internal and SOX controls around the fixed assets management and reporting process.